One Month: Python is now available!
One of our most popular and in-demand courses is now available!
Join instructor and CEO Mattan Griffel as he teaches One Month: Python this August 15th. You'll learn how to setup the proper programming environment, navigate the basics of the language, learn fundamentals, write your first scripts, and then delve into intermediate functions, logic, and libraries.
We'll cover a lot of ground in 30 days so you can quickly become a Python geek and expert.
What will you learn in 30 days?
- SETUP: Mattan will walk you through setting up your computer with the right programs and software whether you're on a Mac or PC (you can use whatever). Don't worry if you don't know what a text editor or command line are - he'll cover that too.
- LEARNING PYTHON BASICS: You'll learn the foundations of Python - variables, data types and functions - and write your first scripts in the language. You'll really begin to learn about what is possible with Python.
- INTERMEDIATE PYTHON: You'll begin diving in to how to capture user input, parameters & arguments, importing files & packages, reading & writing files and functions. Don't know what these things mean? After this part of the class, you will.
- LOGIC IN PYTHON: This part of the course will focus on using truth terms (i.e. "and" , "or", etc.), booleans (true or false), if-then statements, and more logic-based functions.
- PYTHON LIBRARIES AND APIS: You'll learn about APIs and how to use Python to interact with them. You'll start interacting with data from services like Facebook and Twitter using pre-built Python libraries and learn how you can use data from outside sources in your own apps.
- OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING WITH PYTHON: The concept of object-oriented programming is what makes languages like Python so powerful. Here, you'll learn about important foundational concepts like modules, classes, objects, inheritance and composition.
- WEB SCRAPING WITH PYTHON: Here's where you'll get to put your newfound skills to the test. You'll learn how to scrape data from third-party websites and pull it into your own scripts. We'll take a look at other examples of data that you can scrape, such as prices from Amazon.
You'll complete weekly homework assignments throughout the course and we'll debug and troubleshoot together. By the end of the 30 days, you'll be writing your own code in Python and fully capable of scraping useful data from outside sources.
One Month Python is going to be an awesome course for total beginners as well developers who want to jump into a new language.
The course starts on August 15th, 2016 — this Monday!
Reserve your spot now (remember, you can cancel for a refund before Aug 15 if your plans change).