https://learn.onemonth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/5-1.png 588 1037 Chris Castiglione http://learn.onemonth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Screen-Shot-2017-09-11-at-3.22.43-PM-300x101.png Chris Castiglione2014-12-31 16:06:142017-09-28 19:56:16What is Web Security?
Web security means protecting your website from hackers before it gets broken into.
If you’re a web security expert, you have the following skills:
- You know how to code.
- Can review your code for vulnerabilities.
- You help fix the vulnerabilities you find.
How to Learn Web Security Today
- Read about OWASP. It stands for Open Web Application Security Project, and they’re an international nonprofit that puts out lots of documentation, events, news, and web security projects — all in an effort to improve software security across the world. Start here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page (15 minutes).
- Read the OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities. This is a dense read. Here’s how to succeed in 5 minutes: browse through the list, and read it aloud. Think of it as jumping in over your head! This will plant a seed for getting you on the right path. Start here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Top_Ten_Cheat_Sheet (5 minutes).
- One Month Web Security — By the end of One Month Web Security, you will be able to review your own applications for security issues and ensure the code is properly hardened against malicious attacks. You will also be able to design new applications with security in mind, significantly lowering the risk and cost associated with deploying new applications.